Thursday, May 13, 2010

The beginning!

Welcome to my pet project for this summer! My Abuelitas Mama and Mima make some of the best food I have ever eaten and I really want to keep the recipes alive and make a cookbook of sorts with some of their very best recipes. Seeing as my Abuelas aren't getting any younger and I am getting married soon (well soon enough anyways) I came up with the idea for this blog a few months ago. I thought it would be selfish to keep all the goodies to myself and so I created this blog to share the recipes and tips with family who would also be interested. I have already gotten the go ahead from Mama and now just need Mima's okay (but how can she say no to me!). Right now I am just making a list of recipes to get so I can start documenting next week. Hopefully for the more difficult recipes I can get some video or pictures of the cooking process. Of course, I plan to make all the recipes and document the final product on this site. While, this isn't the best idea in terms of my diet, I really am excited to document this important piece of my family history. Later tonight, I hope to put the first list of recipes to make, but I know I will be missing things so please send me any special requests. :)

Without further ado, the stars of the show;

Abuela Elsa aka "Mima"

Abuela Marina aka "Mama"




No comments:

Post a Comment